Monday, July 30, 2007

Santa Came to Town.....


Yes, that's her real name! This is me and Pam and Santa from New Jersey. She was down visiting her son, so early Saturday morning (9:30) Pam and I picked her up at the Varsity for a shopping tour of Metro Atlanta.

Our first stop was Archiver's in Kennesaw, where we met up with Karen. They carry the Bind-it-All, and I was planning to buy one. But Pam had gotten her monthly coupons in the mail on Friday, so I'm going to wait for mine. Although it's still not here.... :-( I behaved there. I bought a couple pieces of paper, and a couple other things. But I was saving my money for our other stops, since I can pop up to Archiver's just about any time.

Our next stop was to be Rubber Stamp Fantasy in Marietta. When we pulled up, we saw a little farmer's market just off the square. So we bought some fresh herbs, veggies, fruits, and handmade soaps. Then we set out to grab some lunch. I hadn't been to Marietta in a while, and then it was just to pop into the stamp store. It amazes me how much everything has changed since I lived there. But we ate lunch at Willie Rae's, a little restaurant with a Cajun flavor. I had a salad and some gumbo. YUM!

From there, we went to the stamp store. Surprisingly, I didn't find much that blew up my skirt. Although I did find some neat ribbons. And I did manage to purchase 3 stamps. I am glad to hear that Beverly Seymour of B-Line Stamps is coming back to teach. I hope to be able to take some of her classes, and maybe attend the trunk show. I LOVE her stamps!

From there, we just HAD to drive by the Big Chicken so Santa could say she's seen it, on our way down to Sam Flax in Atlanta. We found the brown and pink Paris paper by Cavallini. I had to buy one to use and one to hoard. I never did find the big Eiffel Tower one I want to frame for my office. :-(

From there we went to Binder's Art Supply. As we pulled in the parking lot, I noticed an Oreck store, so I dashed in and bought the brush attachment for my vacuum that Allie had eaten a year or so ago. It sure makes it easy to dust! In Binder's, we found all kinds of things, but we were running out of steam. So when we finished there, we went down to Lenox Square Mall and had dinner at the California pizza kitchen before taking Santa back to her son's and heading back to Gwinnett. Whew!

Yesterday, I vegged. I didn't get up 'til 10, then I watched a bit of "The Closer", cleaned my bedroom and bathroom, watched some more "Closer" and did laundry, took a nap and watched more "Closer" and finally went to bed and finished Harry Potter! I'm sad that it's over....

Now it's back to the grind! Thank goodness the boss is out of town 'til Thursday.

3 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

Great picture Draya. Sorry I missed out on all the fun. Just think of the money I saved. I hope I can make it the next time Santa is in town. Save a weekend for me to pop over so we can play.

Joanne Huffman said...

It sounds like a really great time. Love the photo. What could be more fun than a day spent shopping, eating and talking with friends! By the way, I love The Closer.
Joanne

Kris said...

What a great day!! Really cute photo too! Thanks for sharing...and that Cavallini paper...wow that is nice!!