Monday, July 16, 2007

5 Down, 5 to Go!

I have to thank Kathy Burns for taking a look at these stamps and giving me some suggestions. I am limited to these same sixteen stamps and 8 stamp sets, so each time it gets a little more difficult to come up with a new way to use them.

I somehow managed to doink this one up. To me, it shines like a dime in a goat's butt. But maybe no one else will notice...??? When I scanned it this morning, I thought, maybe I should have had the spider's holding the letters. If I have time, I'll fix it and maybe do that.

This one needs "something." I'm thinking about adding a few itty-bitty dragon flies, stamped in black, and use some crystal glitter-glue on their wings. What do y'all think?

This is my least favorite of the bunch. The center is stamped on velum and stamped from behind. I was thinking about making it a window card, but couldn't really see the point, as the back of the vellum is not really pretty. Maybe I should have stamped it in black?

This one was kinda fun, although I'm not really happy with the color of the "skirt." It is very dimensional, as the skirt is made from some kind of florist-something-or-another.

I have to confess that my inspiration for this one came from a sample I saw while I was out and about yesterday. But hey! I also need to rework it a bit. The photo is printed off of my government-issued scanner/printer and therefore pretty low quality. I'm gonna try again on regular copy paper and see if that is any better. Otherwise, it's a trip to the copy-shop for a color copy. I was worried that the stamping wouldn't show up at all. I think it scans okay on my equipment, so the pros should be able to show it better.

2 comments:

Karen Owen said...

Darya, I like them all. I do think the first one would be better with spiders holding the letters. Also, that material that makes the skirt - couldn't you spray it with some sort of ink, such as Tim Holtz' sprays?

Karen

Anonymous said...

Darya, you've been busy and produced an incredible variety of cards. I like the last one, even with the muted photo.
Joanne