Monday, July 02, 2007

Never Thought I'd Say....


"Thank God it's Monday."

I wasn't scheduled to work Dispatch on Friday, but around 4 o'clock, they decided they needed me. No problem. Just more Paris/fix the house/pay off credit cards money. On Saturday, I worked a 14 hours shift. And they tried to call me yesterday to come in, but this is interesting.... I heard the house phone ring at 9:30. Apparently Steve - who is sleeping on the couch (until he finds a new place????) - answered. I didn't even look at the caller ID. Later on, Cynthia called my cellphone while I was at the mall. That was when I realized that work had tried to call me. Ray said he called but whoever answered my phone told him he had the wrong number. Why would he (Steve) do that? But with the holiday on Wednesday, I should still have about 28 hours of overtime.

I did get some art made yesterday. This is a LFB page for a friend who recently had surgery. I hope she likes it.

We had another big thunderstorm last night, (3rd one this week) and my basement flooded - again. That's twice in two years; two times too many. I CANNOT figure out where it came in this time. The water was in the middle of the floor, and where it spread out, it went ALMOST to the walls. I am completely perplexed and I don't know what to do. We are expecting more rain today...

I start Physical Therapy this afternoon. I'm actually looking forward to it too, since I think I'm mis-using my hand, as it hurts like the dickens this morning.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Darya, do you need a sump pump? Is the water coming up through the floor?
Joanne