Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ticked-Off Tuesdays

STUPID Little Things that Tick Me Off:

  1. People who put invoices in envelopes, and then put a STAPLE through the whole thing. Are they afraid that it's gonna fall out of the sealed envelope?
  2. People who staple postie notes to whatever they are attached to.
  3. Staples in general, when I have to pull them out.

Noises that tick me off:
I'm sitting at my desk today. Fighting with my computer over some software that won't work. So I decide to reload it. I put a CD in the drive, and about that time, I start to hear a barely audible, high-pitched whine that starts low, then works up to a crescendo before going back down and away. It's happening about every 30 seconds or so at first. Then it builds up to about every 5 seconds. This is making my skin CRAWL! So as soon as the software is done loading, I yank the CD out of the drive. The whine continues. I shut down my computer. The whine continues. I turn off my radio. The whine continues. I'm about to crawl out of my skin! This is a form of torture I'm sure the military is familiar with. So I'm creeping around my office trying to find the source of the noise. Suddenly I realize what it is. A co-worker had borrowed my laminator yesterday and when she brought it back today, she asked me, "You want this plugged up?" Well, considering that she found it that way, "Yeah." Well, she also turned it on, and that was what was making the God-awful noise. It took me about 30 minutes to calm down, that's how hideous it was!

1 comment:

Karen Campbell said...

Stuff like that ticks me off too, Darya! When my former boss put a ban on the larger post-it notes, I started leaving memos in her box with 20 of the mini post-its LOL