Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Having a Bad Week / Still Mourning the Loss of my Vintage Photos

I went downstairs last night and cleaned up a tad. Then I started thinking about some artwork that is way past-due. So I started pulling out some collage elements and found copies of some of my lost vintage photos. This made me extremely sad. They weren't even people I was related to! I had bought them on eBay, and they were some good ones. **big sigh**

But, as a small consolation, the first set that I won on eBay last week arrived. They are great! And would have made an excellent addition to my collection, if I had one to add to..... **bigger sigh** I still can't believe I was so stupid, lazy, careless.....



I had a pretty stressful day yesterday. Cynthia was still at home, as they had Monday as a "holiday", Veterans Day. So that didn't help any. I found out that a company I had placed an order with placed a hold on my debit card for over $600 for a $50 order, and my bills started bouncing. The bank paid them, but charged me $30 a pop! Fortunately, the hold fell off last night, and the bank is crediting me the NSF charges. The company I placed the order with admitted their mistake and said they would pay the charges if it didn't get straightened out. It was stressful nonetheless....

Cynthia was returned to Atlanta last night and advised to stay down there until next Wednesday, when someone will come get her for the Thanksgiving Holidays. Thank goodness, next week is only a 3-day work week! (Not counting that I have to work that Saturday!)

In the meantime, Hampton Arts has asked me for 6 new samples by December 1st. Yikes!

And last but not least, promotions go into effect this Friday. I knew they were coming. Jeff is being promoted to Captain. I'm not quite certain what this means for me, but I do know it's gonna be difficult.....

No comments: