
I bought a bunch of charms, 9 to be exact, while in France and Italy this fall. When I got back, I checked with my brother to see if he knew anyone that could solder them for me, to make sure none get lost. He told me about a guy he knows right here in Lawrenceville, and I went to see him. His store wanted $15 EACH to solder them! No way! That's more than I paid for some of them. So I said, "No thanks!" and called my brother back. He talked them down to $8, but that is still steep. He said his store would do it for free, but the problem with that is that sometimes it takes him forever to get stuff done. But if the price is right..... So I turned them over to him the next weekend - mid-October - and he gave me my bracelet back on Thanksgiving. Not too bad. My bracelet has charms from Scotland, France and Italy now. Here are the charms L-R: Fleur-de-Lis (symbol of Florence, Italy); David (Florence); the Rampant Lion (emblem of William the Lion in 12th century Scotland); Duomo of Florence; Bagpipes; Eiffel Tower (Paris); Luckenbooth (Scottish symbol of Love); the Papal Crest; Edinborough Castle; Roman Coliseum; William Wallace monument (Sterling, Scotland); St. Peter's Basilica (Vatican City); Pont de Veccio (Florence, Italy); Swiss Guard (Vatican City - I just noticed that his weapon is bent - Yikes!)
1 comment:
I love your bracelet. What a treasure.
kathy
Post a Comment