Promotions within the department went into effect today, so a ceremony was held. It really ticked me off that the Major asked Denise to handle the fetching-of-the-food for the event. I can't figure if there was a particular reason they thought I couldn't handle it??? Maybe they were afraid I would poison the cake? Well, she wasn't available to take care of it. I pondered confronting them about it, but decided not to, and just handled it. (Not that I would expect any praise, but a simple thank-you would suffice. Alas, those are rare around here, after all, I DO get paid for it.)
Let me say first of all, I don't know how Jeff went from someone as low-maintenance as me, to the high-maintenance chick he is now married to. But that's beside the point. He was finally promoted to Captain. I'll admit that it was long over-due. So I put on my big girl pants and went up and congratulated him today, and gave him a hug. His wife was standing right there. She has never in her life spoken to me. Seems like she would be grateful that I finally got fed up and left, so she could have him. Right?
Anyway, his parents came to the ceremony. His mother actually spoke to me this time. Usually she ignores me when she has to run into me here at the department. So.... she asked after my parents, and finally she asked about Cynthia, who at this time is their only grandchild, and looks like she will always BE their only grandchild. She had no idea that she was in Job Corps, living in Atlanta, etc. Can you believe that???? Obviously, my suspicions were confirmed that she is a non-entity in their lives......
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment