A Work in Progress:
I bought a few ornaments today. I HATE ornament hooks, so I tied them on with ribbon. I have a piece of hot-pink velvet downstairs, so I'm gonna make a tree skirt since I can't find anything I like. All I need is TIME!
I haven't figured out what is going to go on top. Hobby Lobby didn't have anything in my color scheme for that either. I remember seeing bright stuff at Target, so I'll have to look there.
Work - What Else?:
We were SLOW last night! I turned in two, count 'em, two parking tickets. That's all. We might have gotten a dozen dispatches ALL night amongst the 6 of us working. I hate nights like that.
Today, we had to qualify with our weapons. I was a little worried about it, as my right hand is really acting up. I'm going to have to have the surgery on it. We have two pregnant dispatchers, and they are due within days of each other. So if I wait until late May, early June, I can work light-duty in Radio.
Anyway, I did fine on my qualifications. It's pass or fail, and you have to hit the target a minimum of 24 times out of 30. You get one practice round, then the qualification round. I shot 24's both times. One guy didn't qualify on the first try, so he had to go again. They let me shoot it again, just for practice. I got a 24 again. At least I'm consistent.
Oh! And I had an interesting conversation with Jeff the other day. At the promotions ceremony, he told me that he had had a discussion with Lt. Kotkiewicz - in Detectives. He said, get this - 'cause it FLOORED me, they agreed I have a good shot at making Sergeant when the time comes. You gotta have a minimum of 5 years experience (I have a total of about 2) with 3 of them at our department. That might make me eligible the next time it rolls around. Every one right now is fairly young - meaning they don't plan to retire any time soon.
Etc:
I was talking to my mom on the phone last night. She said she and my dad were going to see the King Tut exhibit tomorrow. She didn't sound like my dad was real thrilled with the prospect. I told her that if he didn't really wanna go, I would go for him. He quickly gave up his ticket! So I am meeting her tomorrow to go to Atlanta.
Meantime, my car is acting up again. I had mentioned to Johnny the other night that I was wondering about it. Tonight, when I was at Hobby Lobby, it wouldn't start. I tried and tried. So I called him up to see if he could get me going. While I had him on the phone, it started. Which was lucky because tonight, they are SLAMMED! They are making up for last night...
So keep your fingers crossed that my car doesn't die on the other side of Atlanta, sticking me with a huge tow bill.
And, hopefully I can work on the tree-skirt on Wednesday!
I bought a few ornaments today. I HATE ornament hooks, so I tied them on with ribbon. I have a piece of hot-pink velvet downstairs, so I'm gonna make a tree skirt since I can't find anything I like. All I need is TIME!
Work - What Else?:
We were SLOW last night! I turned in two, count 'em, two parking tickets. That's all. We might have gotten a dozen dispatches ALL night amongst the 6 of us working. I hate nights like that.
Today, we had to qualify with our weapons. I was a little worried about it, as my right hand is really acting up. I'm going to have to have the surgery on it. We have two pregnant dispatchers, and they are due within days of each other. So if I wait until late May, early June, I can work light-duty in Radio.
Anyway, I did fine on my qualifications. It's pass or fail, and you have to hit the target a minimum of 24 times out of 30. You get one practice round, then the qualification round. I shot 24's both times. One guy didn't qualify on the first try, so he had to go again. They let me shoot it again, just for practice. I got a 24 again. At least I'm consistent.
Oh! And I had an interesting conversation with Jeff the other day. At the promotions ceremony, he told me that he had had a discussion with Lt. Kotkiewicz - in Detectives. He said, get this - 'cause it FLOORED me, they agreed I have a good shot at making Sergeant when the time comes. You gotta have a minimum of 5 years experience (I have a total of about 2) with 3 of them at our department. That might make me eligible the next time it rolls around. Every one right now is fairly young - meaning they don't plan to retire any time soon.
Etc:
I was talking to my mom on the phone last night. She said she and my dad were going to see the King Tut exhibit tomorrow. She didn't sound like my dad was real thrilled with the prospect. I told her that if he didn't really wanna go, I would go for him. He quickly gave up his ticket! So I am meeting her tomorrow to go to Atlanta.
Meantime, my car is acting up again. I had mentioned to Johnny the other night that I was wondering about it. Tonight, when I was at Hobby Lobby, it wouldn't start. I tried and tried. So I called him up to see if he could get me going. While I had him on the phone, it started. Which was lucky because tonight, they are SLAMMED! They are making up for last night...
So keep your fingers crossed that my car doesn't die on the other side of Atlanta, sticking me with a huge tow bill.
And, hopefully I can work on the tree-skirt on Wednesday!
3 comments:
I would never have thought of that color scheme. It looks absolutely festive! Love it.
jan
Darya, I love your tree!! I know the tree skirt will be a lovely addition!
Congrats on the possibilty of becoming Sargent when the time comes - WOW! I'm so proud!!
hugs,
jackie
The tree looks really cool. I hope you enjoy the Tut exhibit! Congrats on being so good that you're on a short list for promotion.
Joanne
Post a Comment