It's Monday.
I pull out of my driveway this afternoon to come to work and notice a puddle of something in my driveway. Turns out it's transmission fluid. Mechanic says, "Just watch your levels and we'll put it in to get it fixed on Monday." No harm, no foul.
A little later, I go to pull out of the station and it makes an UGLY grinding noise, and I see smoke coming from the engine. Crap! So I call the Sergeant and he says, "Park it. Get a spare." So I do. As I'm moving my stuff from one car to the other, I set my laptop on the hood and guess what? It falls off. Now my display doesn't work.
The spare doesn't have a state-band radio, and I'm sans computer. I feel so lost.
I went to dinner and the Sergeant called. He said, "Come get Sergeant Eberhardt's laptop off his desk." While I'm there, he gives me a low-profile car with stateband.
I'm feeling a little more human, however I hope this is not a sign of what this week holds.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment