Wednesday, August 20, 2008

58 Days and Counting Down!

Considering that we started at over 500 days 'til Paris, it seems like time has flown. Only 58 more days!



After the week I had last week, I was due for a better week. While it hasn't been the best, it has certainly improved so far. My car is still in the shop - Friday, maybe - and my computer is still down. But I've got a decent spare car, and have been able to borrow a computer.



I woke up on Monday with these grand plans to work downstairs, and ideas aplenty. But life has gotten in the way. I ran a couple errands on Monday and wound up at Headquarters to get a copy of a report I needed for court yesterday. It was perfect timing. Sgt. Morgan was looking for someone to work a part-time on Tuesday and Wednesday. I couldn't commit to Tuesday due to court, but here I sit on Wednesday. So far, I've just had to move my car around the road a bit here and there, blocking lanes for the road construction. Easy money. It may require directing traffic a little later, but that's okay. It's Paris money!



Yesterday, I thought I had court on a guy I locked up about a week and a half ago. Turned out I didn't have to be there. But that was okay too. I had put on my uniform, and when I discovered I didn't need to be there, I did a little follow-up on a case from last week. When I was done, I walked through the squad room to say "Bye!" before going home, and my Lieutenant said, "You working? You are now!" I was supposed to go home at 9 because I had to get up early today. But every time I headed in to get my paperwork printed (my printer is in my car), I was given another call, or we had calls backing up. I clocked out at about a quarter to midnight. More Paris money!



As I pulled back into the parking lot last night, for my second attempt at going home, Jeff stopped me to chat. He even inquired about Cynthia. It was a very civil conversation.



I have Vickie's niece's pocket-ful page ready, and am almost done with Vickie's Big Girl Panties. As soon as I get my car back and have time, I will scan the pocket-ful. I'll see if I can get a decent photo of the BGP's before I mail both to her.



Tomorrow, it's back to my regular shift. Please tell me it's gonna be a better week. If this car doesn't crap out on me, it will be!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Wow, Paris is less than 2 months away for you guys!

Joanne