Friday, December 07, 2007

Merry Christmas to Me!

My Christmas Present to Me:
We got our Christmas bonuses yesterday/today. I decided that I wanted to spend mine on a digital camera so I'll have a good one for Paris next year. So, I went to the camera store on my way home last night. I thought I would go there, as I would be able to find someone knowledgeable on the subject, not just some kid working part-time. I was successful.

I looked at the ones my friends had recommended; checked them all out very carefully. I took pictures of my hand, of the ad, of the store. I opened the battery doors, and weighed all the options.

I finally decided on the Fuji FinePix A900. It was $10 less than my next choice. And for that I got 9 megapixels, and 4x optical zoom. They were also offering rebates that would give you a free photo printer. A $130 value. Woo Hoo! I also got free camera classes, a free photo book, 20 prints, and inkjet paper. So I think I got a pretty good deal.

They don't come with the cards now, and the camera store had a 516mb card for $30. I know that I can find one with a gig of storage for about $15. So I went home and "borrowed" the card out of Steve's camera (which is still at my house) so I could play with it a tiny bit. I took a couple pictures of Allie, and a couple of my cats enjoying the fire in the wood stove.

Well, I was gonna post some photos of my critters, taken with my new camera. I exited out of Firefox to install the camera software, and when I went to log back on, our server doesn't recognize my computer. I'm working in Dispatch tonight until 9pm. (Yay! Overtime!) So I'm on Danielle's laptop. Sorry, no photos! Maybe Monday?

Ticked-off:
If we have direct-deposit, we get paid on Thursday. But we don't see our Statement of Earnings until Friday. They use a complex formula to figure out how much money you get. Everyone gets something, the minimum is $65. Mine is usually $310. I got my statement this morning and discovered that they docked me $5 because I had a week of short-term disability when I had my hand surgery. I know it's only $5, but as much overtime as I have worked this year.... Grr!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Sorry about the $5. Glad about the camera. It sounds like a really great deal.

Joanne