When Allie and I came up to the Police Department this weekend, we noticed that the building smelt like a@#. Not a highly unusual occurrence, as our building is over 50 years old. Squirrels, birds, and rats get up in the ceiling and die. It was stinky on Saturday, but on Sunday - whew! And it has been both cold and warm, Sunday being in the low 70's, so if something died, it would get quite ripe. The dispatchers were complaining, and I reminded them that I had bought them some Lysol recently. They said they had been spraying the bee-jesus out of everything, to no avail. You couldn't even smell the Lysol.
Come Monday it was even worse. Several people passed through and said, "Oh, it was YOUR office!" Couldn't convince them otherwise. They figured that Mr. Baker, our custodian, had over-flowed his mop bucket again. And since his office backs up to mine, ruined my carpet. In fact, when they moved my file cabinet from behind my door, it had rusted to the carpet from the time 5 years ago when he forgot to turn off the water. Nasty stuff, my carpet!
Anyway, back to the smell.... Jeff comes through and comments on the smell. For whatever reason, he lets himself into the chief's office and comes right back out. He found the source of the stench. I didn't even know that the chief had a small refrigerator in his office, but apparently, it quit working. And he had some kind of fish in there! Ew! They threw away the fridge, and saturated his carpet with Lysol. Opened some doors, my window, and set up some fans.
I went up to records to work while they laid the carpet. A lady came in to the window, and said, "Does this building always smell this way?" We were like, "Yeah! Why don't you go across to the mayor's office and let them know."
Anyway, people are still suspicious that the stink came from my office. Despite the rumors to the contrary!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess you can say "work stinks."
Joanne
Post a Comment