Yesterday marked my first anniversary as a Police Officer with the Lawrenceville Police Department.
For those that didn't know:
I have been with the City of Lawrenceville for 19 years (next month). I was hired as a Dispatcher, but when I married one of the police officers, who is now my Captain, and Cynthia reached school age, I went to the Records Division. I followed that with a stint as the Detective's Secretary, then 12 years as the Chief's Secretary.
In a previous life, I was a police officer with Cobb County Police Department. I started there in 1983, at the very young age of 19, as a Dispatcher. When I turned 21, I went to the police academy then hit the street in 1985. I did that for about a year, until I got pregnant. I piddled around in the private sector for bit, then returned to Dispatch at Cobb County. After a year or so, I was hired as a Deputy Sheriff with the Fulton County Sheriff's Department. Working in the jail was not for me, and after a year, I tried the stay-at-home-mom thing for about 5 minutes.
I returned to the private sector, mostly retail, until I came to Lawrenceville.
During my tenure here, I spent 5 years working part-time at a fabulous rubber stamp store, Angel Art Rubber Stamp Gallery, and another year working part-time at Archiver's. I also managed to keep my finger in the pot, so to speak, by working in Dispatch when needed. I have racked up a lot of overtime in there in the past 4 years.
So, here I remain! Some days it seems like every minute of these past 19 years, and some days it seems like yesterday. Especially this past year.
For those that didn't know:
I have been with the City of Lawrenceville for 19 years (next month). I was hired as a Dispatcher, but when I married one of the police officers, who is now my Captain, and Cynthia reached school age, I went to the Records Division. I followed that with a stint as the Detective's Secretary, then 12 years as the Chief's Secretary.
In a previous life, I was a police officer with Cobb County Police Department. I started there in 1983, at the very young age of 19, as a Dispatcher. When I turned 21, I went to the police academy then hit the street in 1985. I did that for about a year, until I got pregnant. I piddled around in the private sector for bit, then returned to Dispatch at Cobb County. After a year or so, I was hired as a Deputy Sheriff with the Fulton County Sheriff's Department. Working in the jail was not for me, and after a year, I tried the stay-at-home-mom thing for about 5 minutes.
I returned to the private sector, mostly retail, until I came to Lawrenceville.
During my tenure here, I spent 5 years working part-time at a fabulous rubber stamp store, Angel Art Rubber Stamp Gallery, and another year working part-time at Archiver's. I also managed to keep my finger in the pot, so to speak, by working in Dispatch when needed. I have racked up a lot of overtime in there in the past 4 years.
So, here I remain! Some days it seems like every minute of these past 19 years, and some days it seems like yesterday. Especially this past year.
I wanted to take a second to thank everyone that has supported my decision to go back on the road. I couldn't have done it without you! And I'm lovin' every minute of it!
2 comments:
Congrats, Darya! I can tell that you are really happy, and I'm happy for you.
Hugs,
Karen
Happy Anniversary!
Joanne
Post a Comment