Monday, March 16, 2009

Busy, Busy

Snow:

I've been busy for the last couple weeks. Mostly with work, but around the house too. We had snow two weeks ago and this is the first chance I've had to upload photos.

Allie LOVES to play in the snow. She ran around and around, biting at snow on the ground.

The view from my back deck looking out over my neighbors'.
Don't let this pitiful look fool you. She was LOVING this stuff. She just wanted Mom to play too!

And when it was all said and done, a beautiful sunset through my fig tree.

Art:

Last Sunday, Pam came over to play. She has bought these really cool surfaces to work on. They are wood plaques that were on clearance at Hobby Lobby. And are great to alter! She has done some phenomenal art that is hanging in her office. I've been trying to get her to post them. I guess I'll have to go take pictures. LOL! Anyway, this was my effort for Sunday:


Around the House:

I've been wanting to put some bookcases in my house. I was looking at some pretty expensive ones, but settled on these from Target. Putting them together has been a booger with my hand issues, but I have managed. I have picked out a chair at Rooms-To-Go to go in this room. I want a big fat chair with an ottoman that I can curl up in front of the wood stove in.

Today, I had someone come out and measure for new doors for my house. My house is so old, it still has the hollow-core interior doors for the front and carport doors. And the basement door is solid wood, but is cracked. That's gonna cost me a fortune, as the basement door is an odd size and has to be re-worked a little. I'm going to put a door with windows in the carport so I can see who is standing there.

I'm also going to change out the hallway doors. I want to put 15-pane glass doors between the hall and living room and the sitting room. This will allow more light down the hallway, and still keep my critter's corralled. That's one thing I LOVE about this old house. If there is a doorway, there is a door.

Hands:

I went to see the doctor on Thursday. I have scheduled the surgery for my right hand for June 29. I am SO dreading this. I am going to be on light duty for three months! I am planning it so far out so that at least I'll have something to do besides sit around the station. We have two Dispatchers due to deliver in July and a Records Clerk who is due about a week before Cynthia. I'll be able to help out in those two divisions.

But my thought process is: There will NEVER be a good time to get it done, and the pain is only getting worse. Let's get it over with. I'm only getting about 2 months to the cortisone shot (which is very painful in itself).

Work:

This past week was pretty steady. The weather has been crazy. Short sleeves would be good before sundown, but then it's quite chilly.

I spent most of Saturday on an Aggravated Assault case. Two guys went into a convenience store to cash a couple of forged checks. When the store owner realized they were forged, and called 'em out, they took off running. He grabbed his trusty 40 caliber Smith & Wesson and gave chase. When they got up to the roadway, he popped off a couple rounds after the fleeing felons. When we got there, he had one of them on the ground on the next street up. Wisely, he had put the gun in his buddy's car. So we arrested the Forger that was in custody, and the store owner for Aggravated Assault.

I spent the rest of the shift putting the gun in evidence, which was fine because it rained ALL day LONG!

Yesterday, I cleaned house. Today, I have done NOTHING. Tomorrow? I have court again. Ugh!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I wonder if Winston would like the snow as much as Allie. You didn't lie down and make a snow angel with her? Its fun seeing you make art again!

Joanne Huffman said...

Your Paris lady is lovely. Good luck with your hand. By the way, my dogs won't even go outside when it snows (of course they're little and the snow is usually deeper than they are high).

Joanne