Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Excellent Day!


Let me back up a week and tell you about last weekend:

My good friend, Kathy Mc, came to town and she and Pam and I went to the Atlanta Merchandise Mart on Saturday. There was a cash-and-carry jewelry show in progress, in addition to the regular gift market, and we had a ball. I bought two, fairly inexpensive, costume jewelry necklaces, in addition to a really cool broken-china and sterling silver pendant. (http://www.vintagerevival.com/china-pendants.shtml It's like the one on the bottom-left, but rectangular.) I also bought a nice pacifier-holder for my future grand-baby.

We browsed a tiny bit of the Gift Mart, then we went to Lenox Square, one of Atlanta's nicest malls. We had dinner/lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen. We browsed a few stores, but the two best were L'Occitaine and Lush. They were having after-Christmas clearance sales. I picked up some incense and "bath bombs".

Sunday, we went up to the North Georgia Premium Outlets. Again, we found after-Christmas sales. At the Bath & Body Works outlet, they were having a sale on the Wallflower plug-in fragrance thing-ys. I also found some manicure sets for less than $2 each. I got several!

At the Pottery Barn outlet, I got a baby-snuggy carrier for Cynthia. It was regularly $97, but I got it and the infant neck support for $26! I also found some pillow shams for $3.60 each in the perfect shade of the funky green-blue I have in my guest bedroom. I bought a couple of other things, too.

That brings me to today:

I decided that I wanted to get some more of the Wallflower re-fills while they were on sale. so I called the store this week to see if they were still on sale, three for $12. No, no longer on sale. Now they were regular price, $3.99 each. Huh? Obviously, math is not their strong suit. So, this morning, Pam and I went back up there. It's less than an hour away, and of course we chat the whole way. I spent WAY too much money on the refills. But that's okay. My house smells GOOD!

We went back to the Pottery Barn to see what else they had that we couldn't live without. I got another one of the pillow shams, then we went to the bargain bin to dig around. Literally. We found this bed skirt in that same color of green-blue.


Regularly $90, I got it for $10! I bought a matching quilted Euro pillow sham for $49 minus 70%. And a bolster pillow cover for $2.

I also bought a couple slotted spoons and a thing to hang on the wall in my bathroom to put small things in, and my grand total was $40.

So, I got home, and when I got done vegging, I took a bath, using one of the bath-bombs I bought last weekend. There is NOTHING like a hot, fragrant bath to warm you up on a cold day.

Now I'm watching "Desperate Housewives," not on the computer the day after it airs. An excellent day!

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

very elegant buys. Good shopping!

Joanne

Judy Streger said...

What fun to be buying things for the new baby. I hope Cynthia is feeling well.

jackie said...

Thanks for sharing info on your weekend at market and other shopping - what a lot of fun!!
You really found some great buys - good for you! You deserve some fun and relaxation!
hugs,
jackie