Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Amusing Police Story

I know it was funnier to me because I know the parties involved....

We recently had a case where less-than-savory individuals put a "skimmer" on a local ATM. A skimmer reads the card information and stores it, then the bad guy has all your ATM card information and can use it for his evil deeds.

We got a call from the bank security that they had security camera tape of two suspicious individuals checking out the ATM in question. Two white males, one wearing a Hawaiian shirt, the other a gray t-shirt and ball cap. So the investigator in charge of the case goes to the bank to obtain the photographs....

The photos they give him? A photo of HIM and his sergeant checking out the device on the machine.... I had to laugh out loud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a funny story - I'm assuming the investigator thought so or he wouldn't have shared the story.
Joanne