I started my day by throwing on shorts and a t-shirt and heading to the doctor's office to get the pin out of my hand. My plan was to then go back home and take a shower - sans trash bag/rubber band contraption to keep my arm dry - and shampoo my hair using two hands. Derned if he didn't say, "Don't get this wet for a few hours." I was so upset! I had to go home and change clothes before coming to work. It was my plan all along to come to work. My boss' wife works with a lady that had the same thing done, and she said it hurt like H-E-L-L. She kept saying, "You won't be here on Thursday..." I was determined that I would, since not being here would result in the loss of my overtime for the week. But it didn't hurt! He twisted it a few times, and said, "You tell me if it hurts." He grabbed the pin with the pliers, and I sad, "Ouch!" He looked at me and said, "You can't say it hurts if it doesn't." To which I said, "Let go of the skin you've got with it and we'll be fine." I couldn't look while he did it, and it really didn't hurt. Just some pressure... I didn't ask him if I could keep it in time before he put it in the Sharps container.... Darn!
I know it's kinda morbid, but so many people have said, "Let me see!" that I thought I'd post a picture of Franken-Arm:

The scar on the left is where he took the tendons for the graft. The circle at the top right is where the pin was, and right below that is the Y-shaped scar. I think they look pretty good for it to have only been one day. And it feels okay. Better today than yesterday. If I try to do something I shouldn't, it lets me know. I was sitting at my desk yesterday when it occurred to me that since I can get my arm wet now, I can return to water aerobics! And that is exactly what I did! My stuff has been in my car since we got back from Art & Soul. It really felt good!
AND......... I also put my deposit on the Diva trip to Paris, scheduled for October 18, 2008! I am so excited, I just don't know how I can wait that long!
1 comment:
The scars don't look to bad. I'm glad you getting better.
Post a Comment