

I'm really liking the way this turned out. So much so that I don't wanna mail it! But, I have owed Vicki an exchange gift since October. With all my overtime, I got behind before the big Diva trip to France and Italy. Earlier this year, I mailed her a box containing artwork - which I forgot to photograph before sending - and the post office LOST it. (See March 16, 2007) So I've been playing with this cigar box since then. I had put some gold leaf on it, and some copper paint, which I let dry before trying to patina it. I didn't like the way it was going. Then last week, we had the discussion about putting the solution on while it was wet. Bingo! So I've been working on it as time allows this week, and scrapbooking between coats.
I want to make one other thing that I will put inside, but I'm not sure I can do it right now with my hand bandaged. And then, with reduced hand-strength, it might still be a problem. So.... I'm gonna give it my best shot this weekend. I brought the stuff with me so I can do part of it while I'm working tonight in Dispatch. (Yes, as long as we aren't busy, we can do that kind of stuff in there.) I'll post it when/if I get it done. In the meantime, this is ready to go. And I will mail it - insured this time - one day next week, one way or the other.
2 comments:
Vicki's box turned out very cool. She's going to love it. I love the french memo board inside. How appropriate since we're going to Paris next year. I hope she get's this one and the PO doesn't loose it. Love all your scrapbooking pages.
Vicki is going to LOVE this! It's beautiful.
Joanne
Post a Comment