Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Another Day, Gonna Be a Long Week

Started the day with Magistrate Court on my Aggravated Assault from last week. She went from no bond, to $7500 and required anger management classes. She spent two weeks in there. It all comes out in the wash.

Got done there and hit the ground running. Didn't have time to get anything to eat and had forgotten my breakfast. I was trying to take care of that when Dispatch told me to head toward the other side of town. On-Star was calling with the location of a stolen vehicle. So I got turned around and dispatch gave another update on the vehicle's location. I was right there! I was able to turn around again and get behind it. Wasn't sure what exactly we had at that point, so I waited until my back-up was close before hitting the blue lights.

We did a felony take-down and arrested the driver and the passenger. Turned out to be an overdue rental car - by about a month. I took 'em both to jail and got a warrant for the driver. The judge pissed me off by not giving me one for the passenger. I think the thing that rubs me the wrong way is that she couldn't make the decision and asked another attorney who came in what she thought. That attorney, I found out later, is a public defender. She said, "You can make the charge, but I wouldn't." Of course she wouldn't! Don't know how public defender's can sleep at night.

So I ended up dusting the passenger off and giving her a ride home.

I got that wrapped up and finally was able to run by the house and grab a pop-tart. It was after 7 p.m. I worked on my paperwork before we went to eat.

After dinner, we got to run code (blue lights and sirens) to a call with the fire department. It was a big fat nothing. Then the Chief called for another unit to come take over a stop he had made where the driver had no license. That one was pretty simple, since there was a road check just up the street and I was able to get the paddy wagon to transport him.

I was then driving along when I ran a North Carolina plate. It was expired. The driver said that she had moved here in January, and because she hadn't gotten a new license or tag, she had to go to jail also.

I then put my blinders on and hid until I finished my paperwork. By then, it was time to call it a night.

Tonight, we get to leave at 11 p.m. This sucks because we lose 2 hours of overtime. But it's a good thing because we have to be back at 7 a.m. Ugh!

General Patreus is giving the commencement address at the Georgia Gwinnett College and they are making a HUGE deal out of it. You'd think Obama himself was coming to town they way they are going on about it.

Then tomorrow we get off at 9 p.m. Although, with the way I get stuck with the crap calls, I won't get off on time either night....

So this is gonna be a messed up week!

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

you certainly have full days.

Joanne