Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gettin My Ass Kicked

I am in training this week. Defensive Tactics.

My first question was: Will they teach Taser? Will they do O/C (pepper spray)? The answer to both was, "No." Thank God, because I would have left and gone right back home.

We started with a lecture on Monday morning, and handcuffing techniques on Monday afternoon. No big deal.

Tuesday was physical ALL day long. It was take-down techniques. If I've been thrown on the ground once, I've been thrown on the ground 50 times this week. I'm not exaggerating.

Wednesday (yesterday) heck, I can't even remember WHAT we did. We had a lecture in the morning, and it was physical in the afternoon. Today, we did the ASP training that I had already had in the morning, and a lecture in the afternoon.

I am exhausted. EVERYTHING on my body HURTS! I have been soaking in my hotel room tub with Epsom salts. Had to go to Walmart and buy a heating pad.

Tomorrow, we will start the day defending against "Sharp Edge Weapons". He said we would use "shock knives" but he said they don't hurt as bad as the taser. We shall see. I tried the old "You said we could miss 1/2 a day and still pass." He laughed. Then we will have grappling (ground fighting) and weapon retention. Followed by a written test. He said we'll get out of here around noon - no small thing since I have to go through downtown Atlanta to get home.

This is all good information, but I am so tired. I couldn't move Tuesday night, and tripped over my laptop cord. Fortunately, the laptop didn't fall in the floor, but the cord not only popped out, but came apart. Ugh! If I don't lose it, I tear it up! So I am on the hotel lobby computer.

Well, off to study!

1 comment:

Jood said...

Poor Darya....this is your mantra "The pain is worth it. The pain is short-lived. The week is almost over." That's right...breathe deeply and know that when the time comes and you have to drop a perp's dick in the dirt, it will all have been worth it! jood