Monday, July 21, 2008

Step-on-my-Face Aerobics

My gym closed a few weeks ago. Last week, I joined a new one, LA Fitness. It's really nice facility, and in addition to my Water Aerobics, they have lots of class offerings.

On Wednesday, I tried "Body Works Plus Abs". It was pretty grueling, but a good work-out. My hind end hurt for three days. I will try it again, but use lighter weights next time.

Today, I thought I would try the Step-Aerobics. The website schedule bills it as "great step workout designed for beginner to intermediate participants." So I showed up, got out the step, and started the class. I lasted a whole 10 minutes! I have NO rhythm to start with, but she got to going so fast, I just could NOT keep up. I put the step away and left before I tripped and embarrassed myself. I was really afraid I would mess up my knee if I came down wrong.

I'm gonna stick to my water aerobics. At least there, I can't fall on my face.

2 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Long ago my rheumatologist told me that water was the only place to exercise because it's no-impact and better for the joints.

Joanne

Kathy McElroy said...

You just reminded me, I need to get back to Curves. All this painting has taken up my days.