Today I'm counting my blessings. Great friends! At work, here in town, and on-line. A good job that I love! A home of my own! A fantastic dog!
Lately I've had more time off, and that gives me time to let myself get down-in-the-dumps. While I enjoy a certain amount of solitude, lately my lack of a personal life has been getting to me. It's getting kind of old.
Today, I drug my hind end out of bed and went outside to check my riding lawnmower. Nothing. Didn't really expect anything, but a girl can hope. So I went to the push mower. Strange, it was working last week. But today I discovered a bolt missing off the handle. It wasn't missing when I put it up last. And it wasn't laying nearby. In addition, the stupid thing refused to start. No matter what I tried. Mysterious and aggravating!
A couple weeks ago, one of the guys at work offered me a walk-behind mower. It was in his way in his basement. At the time, my push mower was working fine. So I called him up today to see if he was still looking for a home for it. He was.
He made sure it was still running, and even brought it over to me! The bonus part is that it is self-propelled! I've just finished mowing the front yard. Too hot to do the back just yet.
In addition, I've been making art this morning. Allie has been working on a peanut butter bone while I've been working on Vicki's niece's "Pocketful" and a pop-up for Pam's Paris Journal. I'm thinking about going to the gym, if I go anywhere.
Tomorrow I'm working Dispatch. So, in addition to Paris money, I'll be staying busy. It's a good thing!
Lately I've had more time off, and that gives me time to let myself get down-in-the-dumps. While I enjoy a certain amount of solitude, lately my lack of a personal life has been getting to me. It's getting kind of old.
Today, I drug my hind end out of bed and went outside to check my riding lawnmower. Nothing. Didn't really expect anything, but a girl can hope. So I went to the push mower. Strange, it was working last week. But today I discovered a bolt missing off the handle. It wasn't missing when I put it up last. And it wasn't laying nearby. In addition, the stupid thing refused to start. No matter what I tried. Mysterious and aggravating!
A couple weeks ago, one of the guys at work offered me a walk-behind mower. It was in his way in his basement. At the time, my push mower was working fine. So I called him up today to see if he was still looking for a home for it. He was.
He made sure it was still running, and even brought it over to me! The bonus part is that it is self-propelled! I've just finished mowing the front yard. Too hot to do the back just yet.
In addition, I've been making art this morning. Allie has been working on a peanut butter bone while I've been working on Vicki's niece's "Pocketful" and a pop-up for Pam's Paris Journal. I'm thinking about going to the gym, if I go anywhere.
Tomorrow I'm working Dispatch. So, in addition to Paris money, I'll be staying busy. It's a good thing!
3 comments:
Have you considered pulling out the grass and covering the ground with astro-turf? I guess Allie wouldn't like it, though.
Joanne
I count my blessings too Darya. As much as I complain. I'm pretty lucky to have what I have in life.
Doesn't it feel good to get some art done.
I am also very blessed and I'm always counting my blessings.
So glad that you're getting some art done!
I continue to enjoy reading your blog - it's like watching COPS sometimes!
hugs,
jackie
Post a Comment