Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Mundane Stuff

Days off??? What are days off?

I had training Monday and Tuesday. The way it works is that you have to obtain a separate certification to operate RADAR and other speed detection devices. RADAR requires a two-day class. You go sit through the first day of mind- and butt-numbing crap. The second day is a little better because you have a practical exercise. First part of the day we sat on the side of the road in a Conyers P.D. car guessing the speed of the cars coming down the hill. I surprised myself with my guesses, as this is all new to me. Then, you have to go out one at a time with the instructor and do more of this. That was easy-peasy, as he set up and tested the unit for me in his car, since I don't have a RADAR unit in my car. But when that was done, we had to take a written test. Not a big deal, except that I still have no idea if I passed it. I guess they will send me a letter saying I failed it, or a certificate of completion. Then I will have to spend 3 more weeks guessing speeds, send the State some forms and a check for $30, and then I can write speeding tickets. Now doesn't that sound like fun?

Yesterday was Cynthia's 21st Birthday. I took her to Macy's and bought her a pair of jeans and a t-shirt she wanted. Then we went to P.F. Chang for dinner. She was mostly pleasant. I bought her her first legal alcoholic beverage. She ordered a Bomb Pop Martini and I had a Hawaiian Cosmo. I had a sip of hers. They were both quite delicious, and I have googled the recipes. I need to go to the liquor store!


Today, I didn't accomplish much more than a few loads of laundry, a little house cleaning, and a nap. I did go to the gym and do 2 1/4 miles on the treadmill and about 45 minutes of water aerobics.


Some of the girls at work are trying to set me up with a guy they know. They gave him my number about 3 weeks ago, but he never called. Today, I got home and had a IM message from him. So I spent a couple hours "talking" to him. We shall see what happens next.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Good luck with the RADAR test results. I'm glad things went [primarily] well with Cynthia on her birthday. Hope things work out with your new IM friend.

Joanne