May 20, 1992 - April 29, 2008
We got Jake for Cynthia's 5th birthday present. She'll be 21 in less than 2 weeks. He lived with me for 16 years, and every time I walk in the door, I expect him to be waiting for me, fussing about the middle of his food bowl showing. I was his person; he was my cat.
Jake came into our lives at a time when I needed him more than Cynthia did. Jeff was working nights, and Cynthia was spending a good bit of time at her biological father's house. I didn't sleep well when no one else was home. I was paranoid about every little sound. As soon as Jake came along, all the noises in the house had an explanation. He was an only cat for a couple years. Then Rodney and the "girls" came to live with us. He would have preferred to remain an only-cat. He adjusted by becoming our curmudgeon.
Now Molly (mama cat) is gone too. She is missing; no idea what happened to her. I don't know how much longer Rodney will be with me. He is losing weight, and his fur. But the "kittens" (they'll be 11 this year) , Callie, Gigi, and Bebe, seem to be doing okay. Callie gave me hell last night for having been gone for a week. But she is curled up here on my bed and if I say her name, starts purring. I think they all miss Jake and Molly.
I will miss Jake more than Cynthia or the girls can. He is now fussing at and swatting Ana (my Rottwieler) up in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment