This cabinet will be painted white... someday. We are VERY pleased with the way this wall came together. My cabinet expert, Bruce, worked his magic. He was working around the plumbing and it almost looks like it was designed to fit there.... In the bottom right you can see the left side of my new "desk".
Half of my new desk. The counter top is 12 feet. Gonna have to get a new chair. Sometime in the last week, the pneumatics in my chair went out and it feels like I'm sitting in the floor.
My "desk" The peg board has been there for years, and a folding table was sitting under that. The shelf unit the the left sat on the floor next to the table. We got that hung so stuff there is more usable.
This pegboard was here also, but it has been raised up because of the counter. The corner cabinet has a lazy-susan in it. The cabinet up on the wall is also new. The drawer unit in the lower right is the first piece of a counter that will extend from there....
The second phase has yet to be purchased. Need one more drawer-stack and a counter top. Working on the counter top. The drawer unit hasn't been found yet.... It will have to wait 'til I find another deal! Meanwhile, stuff is stacked on this workbench. I will work on getting it situated tomorrow. I have not put anything in any of the cabinets yet. Too exhausted!
Bruce is going to pick up another small piece of counter top for me tomorrow that we will somehow make into a table for my sewing machine... Photos to follow at a later date. Total spent to-date has been less than $300... Regular retail value (according to my expert) is about $3,000! Not counting installation!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
It looks like a great workspace - at an unbelievably great price.
OMG!! Your studio is HEAVENLY!!! What I wouldn't give for so much creative space!! You are so lucky to have your expert and the deals he found for you! I just love this and if it were mine, I'd never leave it! Just fabulous!!
Looks wonderful. Can't wait to come and play. When is our next weekend art retreat?
Wow! Darya, this looks great! I'm with Kathy - when can we get together and play?
Wow! I'm green with envy. Too bad I didnt' live closer to you.
Great looking studio Darya! I hope it brings you lots of creative time and inspiration.
this is fabulous darya- so HUGE! i am jealous!
Color me Green! Love your studio! Sooo much room, and so much storage! I love it! :-)
looks great Darya! How wonderful to have things organized at your fingertips!
Your studio is fabulous. You must be thrilled.
Darya - I'm doubly impressed. Not only about your cabinets and workspace, but that you got back to blogging!!! Guess I should do the same. You're a good example.
:o) Marian
Post a Comment