I tried to go back to work, light-duty. But that didn't work out so well. I was dreading going back out on short-term disability, but that very week, I met Keith:
I've been to see more movies in the last 8 weeks, than the past few years. Harry Potter, The Ugly Truth, The Hangover.... Got to go to a concert. Green Day. Been boating on the lake, shopping like I was still working, and painting furniture. (All as therapy, of course.)And finally, my precious grand daughter, Sophia Anne, made her debut on August 20:
I've done my fair share of vegging, recuperating, and napping. But I am getting my things ready for work tomorrow. All my equipment is on it's charger. The printer is back in the car, which will be washed and vacuumed this afternoon. (There are literally cobwebs inside.) I am going to the range this afternoon, and physical therapy afterward.
I am ready to get back to work. I miss it! But I'm gonna miss being able to do what I want to, when I want. I'm gonna miss seeing Keith every night that he doesn't have his kids. I'm gonna miss my house being fairly tidy, though not clean.And Allie is gonna miss me being home most of the time...
2 comments:
Congratulations Grandma!!!! Sophia Anne is absolutely gorgeous!! And, I'm sure she will be just adorable in that fairy room of hers. Glad you're getting back to work, but I know you'll miss the "free" life.
:o) Marian
The hand surgery scars bring back memories. Sophia Anne is so beautiful. Good luck on going back to work. Enjoy your social life adventures.
Post a Comment