Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baby's Fairy Room

I have been working in the baby's room (the one at Grandmama's House) today. Just about ready for her to come stay with me on my off-days....

As you can see, Allie is barely letting me out of her sight. I have been a bad pet-mom lately. She has spent the night outside while I spent the night at Keith's and she is fretting...

Anyway, this is the view back toward the hallway. The sign on the door says "Little Princess".



The picture on the far left is the "Taking Flight" piece I did a couple weeks ago. There are fairies hanging from the ceiling and some of Cynthia's collectibles on the shelf on the left of the bed. Fairy wallies on the walls. Cynthia's teddy bears and Cinderella pillow on the bed, as well as a couple of other things just for baby. The bed is an heirloom from my dad's side of the family. It is well over a hundred years old (not the mattresses though, LOL!) and was mine when I was a kid after we moved back to the U.S. and Georgia. I would've loved to have the netting when I was a girl!


The closet door was there when I bought the house. I need to either paint it white, or replace it with one of the fancy doors they have at Home Depot. I LOVE the look! The picture on the right is a framed letter that I wrote to Santa Clause when I was in first grade. My teacher sent it to my parents. I didn't know about that until a few years ago when my mom had it framed and gave it to me. And a lot more of Cynthia's stuffed animals, dolls, and other favorite toys in the bookcases.

Butterflies and birds suspended from the ceiling also. The white frame is hanging there for spacing purposes. When I am done with it, it will be a French bulletin board... Cynthia's baby dolls in their cradle. All were gifts from my mom through the years. I hope she and the baby will treasure them.

The windows didn't photograph very well because of the lighting... And when Kathy was here for a visit, she and I put glow-in-the-dark stars all over the ceiling. I hope when baby is a little older, she will love coming to stay at her Abby's house. (Still trying out grandmother names! Abby would be short for Abuela, which is grandmother in Spanish.)

12 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

You know I love this room. I love everything you have done. It's adorable. I think you should leave the cool closet door. Maybe paint it white?
She will love coming to visit her Abby.
I have always enjoyed my visit there.
3 more days. Can you stand it!

Kathy McElroy said...

I just noticed Allie in the first picture. She is so beautiful.
Your Taking Flight picture looks wonderful there.

Aileen said...

Adorable Darya! Heck I would love the netting NOW! LOL I love the screen door you could always white wash it :-)

the glitzy gypsy said...

It is so cute Darya--
I also love the closet door-maybe some how you could line the back with flowers so it is like a door heading into a big garden--
I wanna come stay in there--sweet dreams for sure!
hugs,
Brenda
P.S.--sometimes you don't have to decide what they will call you--Makena being the first grandchild on both sides named my mom Kydo, she wanted to be Grams and the other--Grandmother Doris--she is Gramma Dodo--just found out on our little trip--she was offended by this name--like she is dumb or something...and my sister--Jill--she was Uncle jillbob till just a couple of years ago--

Vicki said...

Aw, I love baby's room. Where would I sleep? ;0)

Jean-activeimagination said...

what a darling room...I think baby will love it as she grows up....and the closet door...give it a coat of white and then as she grows up...it would make a rally cool play house, fairy home, or castle for a princess...I can see Allie having fun in there with her little niece as well...
you have created a delightful room now if that baby would just hurry up and get here...>!!!!!!
jean

Joanne Huffman said...

It's an enchanting room. You did a great job and I bet the baby will love visiting you.

The Backporch Artessa said...

very sweet room abuela!

Christy Grant said...

A wonderful room and you can feel the love and attention that has been put into it. It may be blue, but it's magical and feels like a girl's room. How sweet you have the bed from your dad's side, Cynthia's toys and all. A lucky little girl!

jackie said...

Awww, Gabby - what a sweet, enchanting room! I love all the special touches from you, your past, and Cynthia's childhood - very, very special for the new little one!!

Karen Owen said...

What a charming room you've put together! I know the baby will love it. I certainly do. I'm excited for you and Cynthia.

Karen

Judy Streger said...

What a special room you have created for Sophia. It's enchanting.