Cynthia has a JOB! It's working at Chic-Fil-A, but HEY, it's income! She keeps hinting at me to give her gas money, but I refuse to give her one dime. I was thinking that I'd get her a Quik Trip gift card for her birthday next week, but I ended up having to send my brother another $320 for her car that she was supposed to pay. So I think that is gift enough.... She was supposed to attend a job fair Friday, but as usual, it was "someone else's fault" she didn't get the info. More like her laziness in not following up and allowing time to call the guy back. I keep trying to tell her that I just don't see people lining up in our street to give her a job.
Allie is doing okay. We had to take her splint off Friday morning, as it kept sliding down, and we couldn't see her toesies to check for swelling. It really did seem to be helping her though, as she could clump along with it, whereas now, she is really limping again. I took her back in on Saturday to get it redone, but that slid off too. So I bandaged it without the splint, and that didn't work either. She is so pitiful when she is trying to potty. But she is still wanting to play, just keeping that foot out of the way. But we are telling her "No" and trying to keep her calm.
City Hall is trying their damnedest to screw me out of my overtime from last week. They called today and said that since I didn't actually work 8 hours last Tuesday, they were docking me an hour of overtime. If they had just paid it correctly last week.... Geez! It was on the time sheet correctly. I can't figure out why this is a problem for them. They aren't normally like this.....
On a positive financial note, I discovered that I had entered an ATM withdrawal for while I was at Art & Soul which I ended up never making. Woo Hoo! I'm not as broke as I thought I was.
But you know how they say bad things come in 3's? I can't figure out if I'm due for two more, or just one, or none. Allie had three things on Thursday: the broken toe; the growth; and the yeast infections in her ears. But the toe and ears were handled with one vet visit. And her surgery is Tuesday. So does that count as 2 for the two visits? Or 4, with the three things, plus the surgery? Or 3, because one of 'em is a followup to what was found the first time? Because yesterday, I went to use my cellphone and it was stuck. I've been having this problem for a couple months where the time is stuck on the front and when I open it, it is dead. So all I've had to do is take the battery off and wait a second before powering it back on. Well, I tried that. Nothing! So I went to the Cingular store to see if it was just the battery or what. Of COURSE it might be the battery, or then again maybe the phone! And of COURSE they don't make those anymore. And of COURSE the new phones don't take my old car charger. And of COURSE the phone I wanted that would have cost me $10 after the rebate wasn't in stock. So of COURSE I had to pay $80 for a new phone. And I didn't even get a car charger 'cause that would have been another $30. UGH!
Stop the roller coaster, I wanna get off!
Allie is doing okay. We had to take her splint off Friday morning, as it kept sliding down, and we couldn't see her toesies to check for swelling. It really did seem to be helping her though, as she could clump along with it, whereas now, she is really limping again. I took her back in on Saturday to get it redone, but that slid off too. So I bandaged it without the splint, and that didn't work either. She is so pitiful when she is trying to potty. But she is still wanting to play, just keeping that foot out of the way. But we are telling her "No" and trying to keep her calm.
City Hall is trying their damnedest to screw me out of my overtime from last week. They called today and said that since I didn't actually work 8 hours last Tuesday, they were docking me an hour of overtime. If they had just paid it correctly last week.... Geez! It was on the time sheet correctly. I can't figure out why this is a problem for them. They aren't normally like this.....
On a positive financial note, I discovered that I had entered an ATM withdrawal for while I was at Art & Soul which I ended up never making. Woo Hoo! I'm not as broke as I thought I was.
But you know how they say bad things come in 3's? I can't figure out if I'm due for two more, or just one, or none. Allie had three things on Thursday: the broken toe; the growth; and the yeast infections in her ears. But the toe and ears were handled with one vet visit. And her surgery is Tuesday. So does that count as 2 for the two visits? Or 4, with the three things, plus the surgery? Or 3, because one of 'em is a followup to what was found the first time? Because yesterday, I went to use my cellphone and it was stuck. I've been having this problem for a couple months where the time is stuck on the front and when I open it, it is dead. So all I've had to do is take the battery off and wait a second before powering it back on. Well, I tried that. Nothing! So I went to the Cingular store to see if it was just the battery or what. Of COURSE it might be the battery, or then again maybe the phone! And of COURSE they don't make those anymore. And of COURSE the new phones don't take my old car charger. And of COURSE the phone I wanted that would have cost me $10 after the rebate wasn't in stock. So of COURSE I had to pay $80 for a new phone. And I didn't even get a car charger 'cause that would have been another $30. UGH!
Stop the roller coaster, I wanna get off!
1 comment:
the aggrevations do seem to come in bunches, don't they? Congrats on Cynthia having a job. Good luck with Allie's surgery.
Joanne
Post a Comment